Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.3.0 Patch Adds New Game Plus & Much More
Monolith Soft has been preparing for a massive update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Dropping next week are a New Game Plus mode, an easy difficulty level, and many quality of life improvements.
The New Game Plus mode will let players restart their save after they cleared their game, all while carrying over Driver Levels, unlocked skills for Drivers and Blades, collected Blades, items and Gold, Mercenary Ranking Level, Town Development Level, Unique Monster Kills, and Cutscenes. Quests, Heart to Hearts, Skip Travel Points, and Mercenary Missions do not carry over.
In addition to the above, New Game Plus features the following enhancements:
- Torna’s Blades (Obrona, Sever, Perdido, and Cressidus) can be obtained and equipped Blades
- Torna’s Drivers (Akhos, Patroka, and Mikhail) can be obtained and equipped as Blades
- All Blades can be dispatched on Mercenary Missions
- Adds new skills to Driver skill trees
- A Driver’s level can be lowered at inns, granting more bonus EXP in battles
- Bonus EXP can be spent on items, with one allowing you to hold more accessories
Other major changes include:
- New sorting options have been added to Accessories, Assist Cores, Blade List, etc.
- Blades can be locked so they aren’t accidentally released
- The Core Crystal bonding scene can be skipped (finally)
- When the mini-map is enlarged, icons form the skip travel map will be displayed
- Players who purchased the Expansion Pass will also receive their fourth set of useful items.
This is an awesome update. I love this game, but it's fixing so many things that stop it from being a very, very awesome game.